Barcelona: Exploring Flea Markets.

I knew before I landed in Barcelona that it held a "gypsy" energy.  Researching the various things to do in the city, I knew weeks ago that I would be on the hunt for the pockets of flea markets that pop up in the various "ramblas" and squares.

On a walk to La Sagrada Familia, I encountered one...


There were a few I kept bumping into throughout my walks of the city. But this one was my favorite, in terms of things to look at on the tables.

Like this...


It's a post card with a Hummel drawing. Having spent part of my childhood in Western Germany, I have a mother who collects the figurines. This reminded me of that. But I didn't buy it.

Also amongst the tables were boxes and boxes of vinyl...


The Kinks! I'm a sucker British pop from the 60s... They also had some albums from The Ramones. Too bad I've never owned a record player... And don't want to lug vinyls around with me the rest of this trip. They had some great stuff.


Almost every flea market I went to also had these old cameras. Beautiful pieces. But not my thing.

Nor were these...




Various military caps and helmets! I discovered them a multiple markets.

I did spend quite a bit of time looking at these old tins...


The "Navy Cut Cigarettes" one would have been a cute keepsake to store things. But I just couldn't commit to buying it.

I did, however, come close to buying these three skulls...


But again, it was a "space in the carry-on" issue.  No... I knew if I was going to walk away with anything from any of the tables, it would be along these lines...


Stone jewelry!

It's pretty much my "go-to" for keepsakes when I travel. And I was able to negotiate a pretty good deal...


I got three stone necklaces and a spoon-art necklace for about $75 USD. And the stones are decent. They're not plastic.

I imagine I'll be picking up some more jewelry as I visit some of these other cities on the schedule.

Comments

Popular Posts