Barcelona: Mercat De Santa Caterina.

My "wondering through markets" in Barcelona didn't apply just to the "flea" variety. Attracted by a colorful undulating roof on one of my walks, I discovered the Mercat de Santa Caterina. 


It's a market that's been running in the area for well over 150 years. And if I lived in Barcelona, I would come here every week just for the produce alone...


Everything looked so gorgeous. I was blown away by the selection of tomatoes available...


So many different kinds! And I typically don't care for raw tomatoes... EXCEPT when they are in season. And these all looked perfect. And smelled perfect.


And there were so many greens and root veggies too...


This was like "Juicer's Heaven!"

The only thing I did manage to pick up for myself were some almonds from one of the stalls...


But if I lived in Barcelona, I would have been all over this...


Jamon! One of my favorite things in the world!

But there was plenty of uncooked meats. Specifically offal. Tripe, sweetbreads... That kind of thing. And then there was this...


Hmm... An eyeball.

Comments

Popular Posts