Geneva: A Meditation In The Park.

One of the best things all of this travel has done for me in the past seven months is allow me plenty of time to walk outside, mostly in parks in ideal temperatures. And because of this, I have been able to work on my meditation quite a bit.

For me, it's easiest to meditate outside. On the beach... On a park bench... Sitting in the grass... One of the key reasons I am moving west next month (full time) is due to the weather. It's warmer many more months of the year. Which means I can get outside and comfortably meditate. Usually in sunshine.

So, I've discovered I am "solar-powered."

This travel through Europe has presented me quite a bit of opportunity to frequently meditate outside. Usually in a park, blending in with all of the plants and trees around me. And my visit to Geneva was no exception to this trend.

I allowed myself to properly sleep in that day, because I had been so busy the prior week in Bordeaux. Late nights with wine and early starts... Exhaustion! (But fun!) When I finally hauled myself out of bed and got ready, I went out for a walk, not really sure what I'd find or where I'd end up in the city.

It didn't take long for me to discover the water... And then the park running next to it.


The first thing I got pulled into was visiting all of the nude sculptures along the walk. Like the horse and man above... Or this woman...


And this one...


There were many sculptures... And not all nudes or even humans. I loved this memorial one...


Lengthy body. Feels a little "Tim Burton"-esque.

Eventually, I came across a large grassy area where so many people were laying out and having picnics with friends. It reminded me of Central Park.


I walked up one path and found a flower garden that was not too crowded, and offered a pretty view of the turquoise water of Lake Geneva.


So many bees were whizzing around. But having walked through gardens filled with them in Bordeaux, I wasn't worried. Who could blame them for not having any interest in me when you had Spring beauties like this around...


I sat down, crossed my legs... And looked one last time at this view...


Then I closed my eyes and focused only on the energy from within me. Pushing it out as much as I could. I opened them 30 minutes later.

Comments

Popular Posts