Geneva: Walking Is Pretty Much All I Could Afford To Do There.

Okay... It's a little but true that I felt the need to pull the purse strings "closed" and not spend too much in this city, especially after deciding to start a wine collection in Bordeaux.  But also... The city is so pretty.

No wonder it's expensive. 

I mean, I bet this isn't even a real lake. I bet it's a pool that's been lined with sand made from real turquoise that's been ground up...


I did have a moment of weakness to spend some money. I came across a pool and hammam park right on the lake...


But as I made the decision to get in line, about 50 other people got in line behind me. So I knew that it would be crowded and super noisy. And even though it wasn't going to be too expensive, I "86-ed" the idea and just decided to keep walking.

But the place did look like a lot of fun from a distance...


It's not just the water that's pretty. The buildings are old and gorgeous too.


And people here seemed very happy. No yelling. No screaming. I guess it's because everyone who lives there must be super rich. And when you're super rich, you are automatically happy... Huh? It's, like, the laws of the Universe


The swans here look happy. Even the ugly ones...


They must be rich too. I must have been the only poor person in that city.

Comments

Now that you're a full-fledged Bordeaux wino, you might enjoy Cafe Marius, a nice wine bar in Geneva. Geneva is so expensive, but this is an affordable activity!

They have lots of local organic wines in addition to bigger names.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g188057-d2077235-Reviews-Cafe_Marius-Geneva.html
amanda said…
I keep adding cities to my travel to do list because of your posts (Barcelona!), but posts like this are really helpful, too. No Geneva for my broke-ish ass! I'm loving following your posts - thanks for sharing the details of your travel adventures with us! xo

Popular Posts