Vienna: Schmetterling Haus.

I'm a sucker for whimsical things. And that extends to insects - to some degree - as well. In particular, the transformative butterfly.

I was sitting in the Burggarten park near the Albertina Museum mid-day. I found a nice spot in which to sit down. The plane was  to meditate, and then walk over to the Albertina to see their collection. So I sat down, turned on my meditation music, and then closed my eyes. About 30 minutes later I woke up and looked straight ahead... To see this...


A butterfly house! A big greenhouse looking thing...


...That contained butterflies inside it!

Since it was right next to the museum, I decided to go take a peek. I had the time to spare.

The ticket cost six Euro. And the place was loaded with people and a jungle of tropical plants. The first things I was greeted by were these orchids...


I'm always amazed by how people can get these things to survive and then thrive. They die whenever I am in charge of them.

I have been to other butterfly places before, in other places in the world. But this one seemed to have a large number of the insect fluttering around. They zoomed past me every which way. I was even able to catch a few mid-flap... Capturing a shot of their colors...








Totally worth the cost to go inside! They seem to take very serious care of the plants and the insects themselves. Such pretty scenery.


Comments

Popular Posts