Prague: Salvador Dali Likes Big Butts & His Drawings Do Not Lie...

I arrived by plane into bohemian Prague mid-morning earlier this week.


The hotel, of course, didn't have a room ready for me to move into just yet.

"I'm sorry madam," they said, "but we did not know you would be arriving at 11am."

"Um," I pull out my unsympathetically confused American tone, "but you sent a private car to pick me up at the airport. You had my arrival time. You're even charging the car ride to my room. How can you say you didn't know?"

No matter. I just like to see people squirm sometimes.

So, instead,  I gave them my bag to hold and decided to walk the city for three hours. I had originally intended to spend the first two hours of my arrival getting unpacked, recharging my phone, and looking up things to do in Prague... But instead I wandered around the city. Eventually, I found myself in the old town square, and saw an art gallery advertising drawings made by this guy...


Salvador Dali. My favorite Spaniard. And one of my favorite artists.

I bought a ticket for about $7 USD, and wandered into the small dedicated space to his work. There were lots of drawings of horses...


Love this one, with the skeleton.

And this one of Lady Godiva...


Majestic, yes? A little bit?

And who doesn't love unicorns?


But my favorite was of Don Quixote...


A little dark, but still charming and chivalrous.  Yes?

But the most entertaining things for to note, as I walked passed dozens and dozens of framed drawings, was Dali's appreciation of women with big booties...


He used them a lot in his drawing. And seems to have a bit of a warped obsession with them. This drawing freaked me out a little...


Two claws grabbing her bum cheeks??? This brings back the bad memory of the owl attack on me a year and a half ago.

But some of the drawings were very beautiful. Though I also noticed that he likes to include women in threes...


Scandalous! Actually... What a typical male he was....


I spent a good hour in the space, even though it wasn't very big. Even though he was a pervert... I am fascinated by this devil.

Comments

Popular Posts