Barcelona: The Quirky Details Of Parc Guell.

It was a nice three mile hike up a hill to Parc Guell.

I was grateful I thought to wear my running sneakers. I was not grateful I chose to wear jeans a cute top.

Still, I fared better hiking up part of a steep hill than some of the women wearing cute floaty dresses with heeled sandals.

(Ha! Ha!)

But once I got to the top of that hill, and into the park, it was a gorgeous view...


Yes, again... With the Gaudi. But his work is so enchanting!


This is some of the mosaic tile work on the ceiling in one part. These colors sit in the center of these bowled circles in the ceiling...


And see how the pillars play with the light? I took so many photos from inside, and from different angles. It was a fun play space.

But what I loved most was the garden...


Bees were zooming amongst the flowers. But they were too fast for me to capture. So I had to settle just for the flowers themselves...


And really, that's not a settlement.

Look at this path...


The grey and the green with the yellow? So gorgeous...


Another look the mosaic work, this time on the outer rim of the upper space...


So much color.


And random things you find! A "13" here... And a...


...Collection of fruits!

The one thing I spotted right away was the "washer woman" in one of the pillars of the stoned archway...


Everyone else walked right past her... More taken with the effect the stoned archway created. They completely missed the detail...


Silly humans. I love the quirky details.

Comments

micheloquent said…
Lovely. Is she a carytid?

Popular Posts