$1100 At Whole Foods?

I left work late tonight. I had a busy day and wanted to cram a few more things into my day right at the end. I left so late that I missed Bikram. So I decided to hit Whole Foods to get something healthy to make for dinner...

I picked up my goods and hit the check-out line. I picked the shortest line, expecting to be through it within a minute or two. I was delusional...

Ahead of me in line, in fact - the only people in line, was a couple. They didn't seem to have more than a few things on the check out belt. But when I looked up at the check out screen to look at their grocery total, I thought I was seeing things.

$1115.87

That's what it read.

"Where is all their food? What did they buy???"

That's when I looked beyond the check-out and saw two carts PLUS a wheeled flat cart loaded with food. Cases and cases of food and flowers.

I tried to take a picture with my iPhone... But there was no way I could get away with it. But let me tell you, it was a sight!

Here's what I was able to see:
  • Cases of expensive sparkling water
  • Four turkeys
  • Exotic squash - various kinds
  • Boxes and boxes of crackers
  • Cheese - A lot of it
  • Cleaning supplies
  • Fruit
  • Various meats
  • Bottles of juices
And that's just what I could see. My best guess is that that they are throwing a Canadian Thanksgiving party this week, and they were buying all the necessities.

I always pick the wrong lines to get into at the store. I was stuck there for 10 minutes.

Comments

Dish This! said…
wow!!! that is madness!!!
bikramyogachick said…
They don't call it "whole paycheck" for nuthin'! Still, 1100?? Wow!
I admit, I love Whole Foods (the produce! the bakery!), but it is ridiculously overpriced. I barely fill a basket, thinking I'm being all moderate and thrifty, and I blow $60.

Still, more than a grand??? Wow...
Bayjb said…
Well I guess that's why they call it "whole paycheck." Damn. I literally cannot believe it. So insane to see people pay THAT MUCH

Popular Posts