MMMMiso...

It wasn't until recently that I actually tried the Miso soup they often give you at Japanese restaurants. It always creeped me out to drink soup out of a small bowl. (I don't know why.)

But eventually I tried it, and I found out I LOVE it. Enough so that I decided I must learn how to make it myself. And I discovered it is really easy...

You just take two tablespoons of Miso paste and dissolve it in two cups of boiling hot water...

(Please note: The instructions ask you to "stir gentry"...)

Then, you soak some wakame (Japanese sea vegetable) in cold water for a few minutes...



Then you slice the wakame up into strips and small-cube some silken tofu, and thrown it into the Miso water...



And there you have soup! Takes about 10 minutes in total to make. And it makes enough for two servings.

Yum!

Comments

Leah said…
I love miso! You should experiment with the different types and see if there's one you like best. In the winter, I tend to love a red miso but in the summer/spring I like using a white miso. It's great in salad dressing and as part of marinades too.
bikramyogachick said…
stir gentry. LOVE it!

Popular Posts