Pecan Pie.

Having made pumpkin bread yesterday, I decided for Thanksgiving this year that I would do a pecan pie for dessert... Similar to what I did last year for American Thanksgiving back home in Arizona, only no chocolate in it this time.

And this time, I decided to make the pie crust from scratch...


Eight tablespoons of butter, some flour and iced water... It turned out pretty well. When I unrolled it this evening to bake my pie, I had no problems and no cracks...


The recipe I used for the pie suggested I toast the pecans before putting the pie together...


And I am glad I did that... Because it made the kitchen smell amazing.

The filling I made was a simple corn syrup, brown sugar and butter mixture. And the pecans went nicely into it after toasting.


An hour and 10 minutes later, my pie was done! Now it is cooling on the kitchen counter for tomorrow night...



Oh yum! I can't wait!

Comments

Dish This! said…
That looks awesome!
Me said…
Thanks! I was shocked the crust recipe turned out so well. I made it with my bare hands... Since I don't have a pastry cutter or a food processor.

Popular Posts