Went Home Sick Today...

Okay... Just to clear things up before people start getting hysterical... I do not have Swine Flu. I don't have the symptoms for Swine Flu. But I do have the symptoms for the common cold.

I woke up again this morning, despite my best efforts sweating things out yesterday, with a very sore throat. The kind you just know will be all sorts of fun in a few days, when you start hacking up phlegm. (Yay!) If this was Swine Flu, I wouldn't have a sore throat. I also have a few other symptoms that indicate this is just a cold:
  • Stuffy nose
  • Mild exhaustion
  • Mucus-producing cough
  • A gradual increase in symptoms (If it were flu, it would be a sudden onset.)
I went to work, and made it through most of the day. But I couldn't stop sneezing and coughing for a while there... I was so disruptive that one of my co-workers came over and offered me drugs from her stash. So I decided to just bag it up and go home. I brought my work laptop home with me with the intention of working on a presentation. But I think I might actually go and nap now. A nap sounds really good.

Comments

The CDC includes sore throat with its list of symptoms. http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/qa.htm

Maybe Canada knows something we don't? =)

Regardless, I hope you are feeling better very soon!
April Elizabeth said…
its totally the hinny!!

:-P

feel better
Me said…
LOL! No... It's definitely just a cold.

It is funny though, I have seen contradictory "symptom" lists on the internet from various legitimate sources. One says "stuffy nose and sore throat are NOT likely to be symptoms"... And another that says they ARE.

The only thing they all agree on is that the common cold does not have a fever and the swine flu does.

So far, no fever.
Yikes!! Everyone is dropping like flies around me this week. I'm hoping my daily intake of vitamin C and Bikram yoga keeps whatever this nasty bug is at bay...

I hope you feel better soon!!
Allie said…
I had a cold and had the sore throat too and even went to the doc b/c I was worried that it was H1N1, but she said it wasn't. She told me that the surefire symptom of H1N1 was the kind of body aches that come on all of a sudden and make you feel like you've been hit by a train. Of course, I'm not qualified to pass on medical info, so you shouldn't go by me. But that cold was pretty nasty - my doc had it too and said it was the worst cold she's ever had. The good news - I was over it in about 3-4 days.

Popular Posts