Pumpkin Bread.

I've stayed away from the deadly PSLs this week... For the most part. But I am getting my pumpkin vitamins another way. By making pumpkin bread from scratch!


This weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving. It arrives six weeks before the American one, just like the harvest does. Or so my mother-in-law tells me.

I do find it odd to see Thanksgiving decorations up before Halloween ones around here. But I am going with the flow and adjusting. And I am making my first full-fledged Thanksgiving dinner ever on Sunday. But to get thing started for the weekend, and for the arrival on my in-laws tomorrow, I did my grocery shopping and made the bread.

Here is what $100 (CAD) looks like in Thanksgiving groceries from Whole Foods.


It's no $1100 purchase. But it is substantial. The organic boneless with the skin butterflied turkey breast did cost me about $46. But it's worth it. Though, I fear what a full turkey would have cost from Whole Foods.

And after I made the recipe for the pumpkin bread, I realized I only had one loaf pan instead of the two required for the recipe. So I dumped the batter into a bundt pan instead...



Turned out beautifully, eh?

But be warned, the recipe does make a lot of bread...

Comments

bikramyogachick said…
Holy shit I'm so freakin' hungry now! I LOVE pumpkin bread! BTW~ love your countertops! :)
Sarah S said…
You're totally turning Canadian, eh?

That stuffing is the BEST.
Sarah S said…
You're totally turning Canadian, eh?

That stuffing is the BEST.

Popular Posts