He's Becoming A Gamer.

For reasons we still don't understand, the previous owners of our house left behind a PS2 and a game.

Did they not want it? Was it less than hip to be using a PS2? Is it a stolen item that they no longer wanted in their possession? (These are questions that have kept me up at night.)

Well, we've lived in this house for nearly 11 months now and had never touched the thing. I mean, neither my husband nor myself have played video games since university days. Well, I haven't. I don't know that The Husband has ever played a video game in his life.

(Side note: I always assume my husband came out of the womb as a 35-year old, mentally. In my mind, he never played with toys. Was always studying the financial markets and law. Loved American football and sports. Was filled with logic. And simply didn't have time for silliness at all. Not even as a child. I could be completely wrong in this assumption. But it makes sense to me, and that's all that matters.)

Well, tonight The Husband decided to give the PS2 a try. And I came home from Bikram to this scene...


Yeah... He's looking mighty comfy in that chair. I have a feeling that when I take off for my two months in the fall for teacher training, I will come back and find him to be a hardcore gamer.

A hardcore gamer and a Red Bull addict. Because don't those two things go hand-in-hand?

Comments

Dan said…
That's too funny. I was never a "gamer," but I admit in the early days of the net I was hooked on Quake and Doom.

And I kind of sucked at Pacman.
Liveanoblelife said…
I handle the video gaming category at my newspaper and I can tell you that games are becoming more and more addicting. Games used to be about points and finishing the game. Now they're about achievement of levels and awards within a game.

With that said, they have all but stopped production of PS2 games.

Do not get a PS3.
Me said…
LOL! That's good to hear, about them not producing the games anymore. If one were to get a gaming system, though, what would you recommend?
Liveanoblelife said…
I would absolutely recommend a Wii or Wii Fit.

It's interactive and you can play by yourself or as a group. It's team/family oriented so you're no longer watching the hubby instead you'd be playing next to him!

Popular Posts