A Cackle Across The Universe & A Birthday Gift.

Someone asked me earlier this week The Husband bought me for my birthday. I realized I hadn't written about it yet. I completely forgot! What a shame, too. Because it was a very lovely gift.

When he asked me this year what I wanted, I told him to come out with me and I would take him to what I wanted. So we went out for a walk in our neighborhood.

The neighborhood I live in is close to a lot of high-end shops. Most of which I never dare go in.
  1. They carry very expensive things that I think are incredibly beautiful but can not afford.
  2. In the chance I am able to afford something from them, I feel stupid buying it in Canada when things are priced 20% higher than they are in the States, not counting the tax duty that gets charged on top of it. So I would rather just wait and buy it in the States.
But this one shop I knew had somethings that weren't too-too expensive. And that The Husband could afford to gift to me for my birthday. So I walked him up to the front doors of the store...


"Go in there. And pick something out. Anything. Whatever you think I might like," I told him. "If you feel like it, go ahead and get me the Birkin that I dream of."

Oh how he laughed and laughed and laughed. I think, if you put your ear close to the sky, you can still hear his cackle playing across the Universe.

But he did go in.

And he selected a very beautiful gift for me, not too expensive. All by himself. I was very lucky. It's something I would have selected myself.

A scarf!


It's silk-printed, with an orange base. The round pink and magenta objects on it are Japanese temari balls.

We went out to dinner last weekend, and I wore it. And I got so many compliments on it. And now I have something, other than a small notebook, from Hermes!

Comments

Popular Posts