World's Worst Eater.

That is how I would describe myself.

You may think that because I am a yoga teacher (in my little spare time) that I would have developed proper eating habits, especially while away at teacher training last Fall.

You would be wrong.

At teacher training, you ate whatever you could. Whatever your body craved. For the first week or so, my body didn't crave anything. I had to force food down my throat. Then after that, I ate whatever I could get my hands on, because I had no energy. And when we had nights where we had to stay up late and be engaged, you learned to eat slowly and steadily to keep yourself awake.

When I got back from teacher training, I jumped write back in to my digital marketing job. On top of that, I had to step in and help the day-to-day operations for the agency for a few months while my boss was away. That, coupled with being a new yoga teacher and trying to pick up as many classes as possible, make for a very busy day. Very busy, indeed.

So busy, that some days I don't eat until around 2pm. That alone is pretty bad. Having nothing but a cup of coffee in your belly from 7am till 2pm?

Well, it gets worse.

I am so busy that I often just run downstairs to the drugstore in my work building and get whatever I can find to eat for lunch. Usually, it's a bag of chips, candy bar and a Coke Zero.

YUCK!

I've tried making my lunch and bringing it, but often that is a failure. I won't eat what I brought because it's not inspiring and fresh. Plus, I like the two seconds of fresh air I get by going outside.

After I shove my lunch into my mouth, I immerse myself back into my work... Where lately I seem to go almost until 6pm. Then, if I am not teaching, I go home and make dinner for The Husband and I... Which is actually fairly nutritious.

But then it's back to work until usually 10pm.

On days when I teach yoga, I leave work at 5pm, take the 6pm and teach the 8pm. That means I don't get home until 10:30pm... Which means after I eat at 2pm, I don't eat again until 8 hours later. And I usually eat a burrito from the place next to the studio.

I will find my eating rhythm. Once things settle down at work. Just too much to do right now. Too many requests, and not enough hours or experienced people to hire.

Comments

Popular Posts