Required Reading If You Have Girl Parts: Bossypants.

There are few public figures in the world who enchant me. There are quite a few I find funny and truly respect for whatever they do and believe. But the one whom I adore the most is Steve Martin.

He plays the banjo and is a musician, is a published writer and accomplished actor. The man rocks.

And he happens to be an unofficial mentor to one of my favorite people of all time: Tina Fey. Fey published a book a few weeks back called Bossypants. If you are a woman and have not read it, you need to.


You absolutely need to.

It should be required reading for all woman. It's hilarious!

It's an auto-biographical look at her life and some of the lessons she has experienced. It is humorous look at things that have happened to her. And many of the stories she tells are a good read for when you are looking for a self-esteem boost.

My favorites from the book:
  • Why it is "yellow" hair and not "blonde" hair.
  • Her first job, post university, at the YMCA... And how, despite a feeling of guilt, she scooped up a better job a co-worker was hoping to get. (You have to look out for number one, people!)
  • She reminds women, "You're not in competition (with other women). You're in competition with EVERYBODY." Never forget that ladies.
  • Her experience on her one and only cruise. I personally would never take a cruise myself. But after reading about her experience, I will think you completely stupid if you come to me and tell me you are taking a cruise.
There are quite a few pieces of life advice in it.

And if I have one piece of advice to share with you, it would be, "Buy this book. You will not be disappointed. If you are, it is because you likely do not have the intelligence (or uterus!) to enjoy this book."

Comments

Popular Posts