Libélula: Princess Catherine's Wedding Dress Designer?

T-minus two weeks people... Till the big day. The big day of Prince William marrying style trendsetter Kate Middleton.

SQUEE!!!

I am tempted to ask for the day off... As I have a ball of my own to attend that night and would like the full day to relax. I might just see if I can work from home that day, though.

I was 4 years old when Diana Spencer married Prince Charles. And yes, I do recall watching the playback of the wedding on the news as a child. I think that is the only time in my life where I was obsessed with weddings and wanted a veil as long as Diana's when I grew up and got married myself.

(Funny enough, by the time I got married, I had no interest in a wedding or a veil. Some of you know why.)

The ramp up to the royal wedding has reignited my spark for wedding dresses, though. And it looks it may be out as to who exactly is designing the future Princess Catherine's dress. Rumor has it that it will be Sophie Cranston, a British designer the same as myself, with her line Libélula.


The designer is known for soft, romantic pieces. Florals. Pinks. Reds. Magentas. Very lovely. She does do wedding dresses. Very unlike what most royals have worn when they have wed, though.

This could be a completely different look than what we are used to. I still hold out that it will be a McQueen gown, and that it will be a jaw-dropping dress. But if the Libélula rumor is true, then we will at least have a very romantic look on April 29th.

Comments

Popular Posts