Digestion Problems.

A week from today, I will be 34.

If you had asked me when I was 22 where I thought I would be in life in my mid-30s (because 34 is that start of your mid-30s), where I am isn't where I thought I would be.

Not being where I thought I would be isn't a bad thing. Trust me. Life evolves, and you follow the path laid out before you... Sometimes without really giving it much thought as to where you are going. Mostly because the path is a good one. One that makes sense.

But is it the one I want to be on?

I've been the kind of person who has always made the best, the absolute best, of whatever situation I am in. I never allow myself to wallow in bad circumstances. If I don't like the situation I am in, I get the hell out... One way or another. So regardless of whether or not the path I have been on is the one I envisioned for myself, I have made a life for myself. And a very good one.

Mostly, though, I've kept myself so busy the past 12 years that I haven't really given much thought to what kind of life I would live if things were completely up to me. I've been avoiding those thoughts by immersing myself in work and yoga. And now I am so used to working non-stop that I can't imagine slowing down to not do it.

I think soon I will have to pause and finally sit down to digest a few things about my life. Because things are quite full right now. So full that I am on the verge of vomiting.

(Figuratively... Not literally.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have you looked into a restorative yoga/yoga nidra or Svaroopa class? They are magical and really complement the Bikram. It's a great way to get still and think about your life plan and just "be" in yourself for a while. Also, 35 is the "big" year--you have a whole year to really think about what you want to bring into (and/or release) in your life. Enjoy it all!
Cam said…
Hi dearest Missus ! I came across your blog while googling hopes for my 30 day bikram challenge. Today was day 11 into this torturous challenge and let me tell you this much -- I felt like a zombie with no spine. It was hard, like I was semi-paralyzed and had minimal control over my body. My mind was in the far-away land. Like you said in your related post, I am also detoxing -- no meat, no dairy, no alcohol -- Im juicing every morning and eat only salads and raw only. To be more specific, am doing the CLEAN diet. As for "Digestion Problems", i'm 32 y/o (please don't vomit), living in NYC and my life looks pretty much the same: work, yoga, home. Thanks for your posts, more so for the one re: 30 day challenge bc day 11 was a true mental and physical TORTURE and got a lil' worried I won't be able to carry on. I have been practicing bikram for lil' over a year now and I signed up for the challenge hoping would find some ease and enlightment with my own "digestion problems". thanks, muah !
Me said…
Anonymous... I will look into this today. Thanks for the tip!!!

Cam! Day 11! Yes, my dear... You are right in the part of the challenge where your energy gets ZAPPED! DO not fear... It bounces back by Day 16 at least. It's just your body working some things out. Just show up to the hot room every day, and do what you can. Don't be a hero... It's all about healing your body.

Sounds like you have a fabulous life! At least, in my opinion you do.
Cam said…
Sweets, thanks for your reply and support. I swear, I do not recall when ever before in my life I felt so...exhausted -- like someone performed some high form of exorcism on me. Right after I posted on your blog last nite, I chilled for another hour and then just crashed -- slept straight 'til 9am. I still felt a bit out of batteries, but I made myself some delish zucchini boats with lemony salmon, went for mani and pedi (where i drank 1L coconut water)and by 4pm class I was completely a better balanced and coordinated body with a clearer mind. it's 9pm in NY and I'll take a nice bath and dive in my bed. What do you do in Toronto ?
Me said…
Glad to hear things bounced back!

Let's see... What did I do today? Well, I taught the 8pm Karma class last night. And then I slept in this morning because i was so exhausted.

I got up I wrote for while. Then I went out shopping. The Husband took me out for an early b-day dinner.

Today was a total day off from both jobs.
Cam said…
You were so right !!! Am not out of the woods just yet. Day 13 felt stiff and rigid -- like I've never done yoga before. No. Worse. Like my body was made of concrete. One of the teachers told me it's 90% mental. But then, few days ago I got a raspberry-size rash (non-itchy) on my leg and an itchy patch of irritation on right side of my neck base. I hoped these will disappear in a couple of days, but didn't. Some say it's "stuff" coming out of my body, some say it could be something else. What's your take on this? Have you heard of skin reactions to the challenge? Anyhoo, I didn't have time to browse your blog but I take you are a writer and a karma teacher ? Nonetheless, karma class sounds so interesting. Do you have a website on that ? I'll go ahead and wish you a very happy b-day right now, as the week ahead won't be an easy one. In good heart, Namaste !

Popular Posts