Hurricane Or Wilderness: My Needs Are Simple.

This weekend, I will be flying solo at home. I am going to clean, sort what I am taking to NYC next month, see a couple of movies, read some magazines.

My friends in NYC and Boston will be preparing for the magical Irene, bringing wind and rain to their areas.

My husband will be at his family's cottage this weekend, north of Toronto, hanging with university buddies.

Since I will be in sunny Toronto, with access to everything I need, I feel fortunate. There is no way I would have fun in the wilderness, even in a nice 3-bedroom cottage. And if I was in the northeast, I would probably be about as entertained. Both cases, though, have prompted me to examine what I need to survive either one...
  • Coffee
  • Internet
  • Wine - preferably red
  • Cheez-Its (I am screwed, as we don't have them in Canada.)
  • Jo Malone Candle - in Vintage Gardenia
  • Magazines - Specifically the September issues of Vogue and W
  • Bathtub
What do you need to survive a weekend in the wilderness or a hurricane?

Comments

The Mommy said…
Have you seen photos of the cottage? I have arrived at the conclusion that these "cottages" Ontarians speak of are actually "second houses" on the lake. Seriously, I have yet to see a photo of an actual "cottage" in cottage country.
Me said…
LOL! That is accurate. It is really a second home on a lake. Not really a "cottage". A nice house.

Popular Posts