It's Not A Vacation Unless..

You miss your flight and get a sunburn.

Yes. I did both. Completely by accident.

It was a hectic few weeks leading up to my trip to Asia. And I read my ticket wrong. Which my friends still don't understand how that's possible... As I am meticulous with EVERYTHING.

I can't go into why I have been so hectic lately. But in a few weeks I will be able to. Suffice it to say, I was trying to do too many things at once.

Another thing I was meticulous about was my Sun protection. However, the SPF 45 failed me...


A nice shade of red, am I. This was the result of slathering SPF 45 on my body and sitting under a beach umbrella. Somehow, I managed to still get royally sunburned.

Amazing.

But I have access to equally phenomenal alo vera here in Phuket. So this burn is already being quenched.

Lesson Learned: Always wear SPF 100. No matter who says it is "bunk" and doesn't actually work. SPF 100 has never failed me.

Comments

The Mommy said…
Ouch. Just ouch.
Vanessa said…
Agreed! SPF 100 has always worked for me regardless of where I am in the country (or outside of it).
Cara said…
:( I bet your sunscreen was old (Even if you just bought it). Sunscreen only has a shelf life of 1 year and that includes manufacturing and sittine on store shelf. Or have you had any peels, or new facial products with latic acid or an AHA?

I have been getting a nice glowing tan all summer, not on purpose and couldn't figure it out. Until I remembered that I bought a great daily light lactic acid mouisturizer. Come to find out its supposed to be used at night and then use sunscreen. I was using it in the morning, daily with out sunscreen... hence my sudden summer tan. Makeup Artist/Esthetician fail! lol

Hope you get home soon!
Oww! That looks painful. I once got a sunburn in South Africa that was so bad, a woman pointed me out to her child and said - "see, THAT is why I make you wear sunscreen." You know it's bad when you are a cautionary tale. Make sure you are hydrating as you recover!! Travel safe!

Popular Posts