Libation Destination in Hong Kong: The "Ozone" Layer.

After spending an afternoon watching others make offerings at the monastery near the Tian Tan Buddha (and making a donation myself), I spent the evening catching up with Frogger who is staying over at the Ritz Carlton.

The Ritz Carlton Hotel here in Hong Kong (Kowloon side) is connected to a luxury mall known as "Elements." My hotel (the W) is connected to this same mall. In fact, the Ritz is just a five minute walk from my hotel... And I never have to go outside.

I met Frogger and a colleague of hers on the 103rd floor, which is the lobby of the Ritz. You read that right, the LOBBY is on the 103rd floor. And it is beautiful. What a proper luxury hotel dreams of being. And even more fantastic is the bar/restaurant located on the 118th floor (close to the ozone layer) of the hotel, Ozone.


The space is done beautifully, with "veins" and "tree trunks" running throughout.


And the view...


Amazing!

This is the place to see and be seen in Hong Kong. Even if you are not a guest at the hotel, it is worth a trip up for a signature cocktail, the Aria 118.


Decadent!


And speaking of decadent... Try the sashimi when you're there.

I don't eat much raw sushi, and I gobbled up a few pieces from here.

All about trying new things on this trip.

Comments

Popular Posts