Christmas Dinner.

Since The Husband and I decided to stay in Toronto for Christmas this year (which will not ever be repeated - it's too boring staying home), we had a few guests over and I made Christmas dinner.

I kept it simple, since there were only four of us dining...
  • Lamb
  • Roasted Root Veggies
  • Mashed Potatoes
  • Gravy
There were also store-bought crescent rolls from a tube... Because I have not mastered how to bake pastries and breads. But everything else was made from scratch. Here are some photos of the afternoon meal...


The table setting. Lots of William Yeaoward crystal. Vases with cranberries and hydrangeas. (I hate poinsettia plants. Hydrangeas and cranberries are my holiday arrangement of choice.)


The lamb with the mustard, rosemary, garlic and vinegar marinade.

Making the gravy from scratch... Complete with a little mini bottle of Cognac left over from LAST YEAR'S Canadian Thanksgiving.

A break for a quick drink. It says, "Apple" on the glass. But that ain't apple juice!

Roasted root veggies: Parsnips, Carrots, Butternut Squash

Finished lamb product! Cooked perfectly at Medium.

A simple meal on the table.

I served Sticky Toffee Pudding for dessert. But it wasn't nearly as sticky as I would have liked. Should have made more toffee sauce for it. There's always next year.

Wait... no there's not. Well, in my dreams, maybe.

Comments

Popular Posts