Stay-cation "To-Do" List.

I have taken many trips this year. Nearly all without The Husband. We wanted to take an end of the year trip to Buenos Aires for Christmas, but I decided that I have been away from home too much and wanted to stick around.

Crazy, I know. I mean, how can I pass up warm weather, great Argentinean beef and wine, and culture?

I guess being away from home for two months will do that to you!

Anyway... Since we will be hanging around at home, I figured I would use the week and a half of time I have off (I actually have about 5 days of vacation I am rolling over for next year, I just don't have time to take it all off this year!) to do some projects that have been neglected for quite a while.

My list includes:
  • Get a hair cut. Oh dear. My hair grows fast and thick. It is now past the middle of my back CURLY. If I straighten it, add another inch or so to it. Because I was going away to Teacher Training, I just didn't feel like keeping it up. But now it needs to be cut. I don't have split ends... I just can't do anything with my hair, except wash it and put it in a ponytail. But I can't even begin to tell you how many ponytail holders I have broken trying to wrap them around my locks. Eek!
  • Paint the guest suite. This needs to get done. Even if it isn't by me... I need it to be done soon. I am tired of yellow walls. I need MY personality reflected in that room.
  • Knit a scarf. I bought some amazing silk yarn from a farmers market in San Diego's Hillcrest neighborhood. I intend to knit a fun scarf with it. I just need to find time to start it.
  • Organize my home office and kitchen. I am tempted to paint my home office too. I just haven't completely decided yet. But both the office and the kitchen need to be de-cluttered, cleaned and organized.
Fingers crossed I get at least to of the above completed. I may end up just sleeping a bunch. I can't seem to ever get enough sleep.

Comments

Dan said…
Make sure to get sleep in there. When you have that option, it's invaluable to your health and state of mind.

Popular Posts