"What I Really Want For Christmas?"

I have finished nearly all my holiday shopping and gotten my holiday decorations up...

(My living room.)

Just one or two things left to pick up. And that's it. It's easy for me though, as my family is far away. And the most ideal thing to send them are gift cards to their favorite stores. Picking up things ins Canada and then trying to ship them would be a nightmare. So it's best to just order gift cards online. And vice versa for me and The Husband's gifts.

I have gotten The Husband's gifts. I even have them wrapped. But now he is asking me what I would like for Christmas. And I have no idea. I don't know what I want for Christmas.

Perhaps it is because I have been in a permanent state of "brain-fry" since I got back from teacher training and returned to my job. I haven't had a whole lot of time to really think about what I would like. Anything I do want throughout the year, I tend to just buy for myself.

I don't believe in waiting to purchase something that you really want if you have the cash to buy it yourself.

I thought about suggesting a spa certificate from him to get me... But I am kind of over spas. I don't need any new bags or shoes. Clothes I don't need right now. I don't wear fancy jewelry. And I don't have time to take a trip anywhere right now, so a vacation is out too.

Maybe I will just ask for a "rain check" this year... There's nothing I need or want right now. Save it for something big later.

Comments

Popular Posts