Totally Monkey Mind.

Oh dear. Some days, I just so all over the place that I can't keep track of anything.

Last night I received a call seeing if I could cover the 6:30am shift at the Bikram studio where I teach. I actually couldn't take the class, as I had a work issue with my day job that required me to be at work right on time. And if I teach the 6:30am, I will always be 15 minutes late. Normally that's not a big deal, but today I needed to be at work on time.

Yet, I taught the class anyway. I plotted out in my mind that if I could "finish class a few minutes early" and could "get students not to dawdle," I could be showered and out the door by 8:45am easily.

Easy enough. I had three students. All three were out by 8:30am. Which meant I was able to grab a quick rinse of a shower, throw on my clothes and my make-up. I did my make-up in the lobby of the yoga studio, which has a nice floor-length mirror. There is no shelf nearby, so when I was doing my eye make-up, I just shoved whatever I wasn't using at the time down my cleavage to hold for a few seconds.

(Other women will know about this "secret" hiding place we have and sometimes use. The bra/cleavage is a genius invention for hiding things or holding things.)

Well, I was in such a hurry to get to work on time that as I finishing my eye make-up, I forgot all about on piece of cosmetic that I had used and stuffed back into my bra...


It's a Nars white highlighter pencil. It is used to highlight the inner corners of my eyes, thus making them appear more wide-opened. The highlighter pencil stayed sown my top until about 3pm this afternoon... When I discovered it.

I don't know how I was able to walk around all day and not realize it is stuck down my blouse. But sadly, this is typically me.

I wonder what I'll find down my blouse tomorrow?

Comments

I kept waiting for the part where you discovered the makeup because it had stained your shirt... thank goodness it didn't!

Loved the story, though. :)
Arielle said…
Haha, that is totally hilarious. I'm surprised that's never happened to me.
Simmm said…
I can top that! I always put my mascara in the "secret hiding place", so it warms up and clumps less when I apply it. So one day I was in a hurry to get out the door, because I needed to catch a train. I make it to the train on time and settle into a seat. For like 30 minutes I wonder: "Wow, all the guys are checking out my cleavage!" I mean, it does happen once in a while, but they were STARING... what ever happened to being embarrassed by getting caught looking?! --- Yeah, you can guess what I saw when I looked down... my mascara... haha!

Greeting from Germany :)
Unknown said…
I don't have enough down there to use it. :( Sad day for Lacey. lol
bikramarian said…
I have definitely used it to hold money when I don't want to carry around a wallet or purse, and with the right sports bra I put my iPhone in there. I've never actually forgotten about stuff down there before, but can certainly understand that happening.
bikramyogachick said…
Ha ha! At least you are well endowed enough to do that! :)

Popular Posts