Pantone Color of 2011: Honeysuckle.

I love this time of year. It's not just about the holiday season and the parties. Or the holiday drinks at Starbucks. Or the days getting shorter (which means I don't have to work as hard - KIDDING!).

I also love this time of year because of this announcement:




HONEYSUCKLE!

Such a random thing to get jazzed over, I know. But ever since late 2007, I have looked forward to this announcement.

That's when I learned the color for 2008 would be blue iris. And in 2008, I bought the most beautiful blue iris Theory sweater. It was my favorite sweater until recently, when it developed a gnarly hole in it.

Then, in late 2008, I learned that mimosa was the color for 2009. And I took that to mean that I needed to brunch as often as possible and imbibe in Mimosas. Oh... I also bought a house that had mimosa walls in the upstairs guest room. (I'm over them, and am looking to have them painted.)

In 2010, the color was turquoise. Which, if you are like me and study color energy, is the color of the throat chakra. Not only did I buy a bit of turquoise at the start of the year, I also channeled the color in some major things I did this year. I decided I was finally going to Bikram yoga teacher training. And that I would ask for a promotion at work. And then I came back and began teaching. And I am leading a much bigger team at work, pitching all kinds of new business. In short, things that necessitate speaking loudly and specifically about what I want.

Now, when I look at a color like honeysuckle, I see passion. And love. And warmth. It's a bit of a Coral color. It's silliness and a crush, all rolled up into one.

And, I think I would look very good in this color.

Comments

Cara said…
I just saw this on yahoo and I can't believe they do this every year, where have I been!??! This is fabulous!!

OH! The sparkle uggs came and they are pretty fabulous, a bit sparkly but a conversation starter to say the least. However I am SO glad I got them in black otherwise I am pretty sure I would have looked like a giant disco ball walking down the street in the silver ones! lol

Popular Posts