Combating The "Mean Reds" & Other Sickiness.

It's Winter time. People are getting sick all around me. Sick, anxious, depressed, recovering from surgery...

While I use, and encourage others to use, Bikram yoga to help deal with these things... Sometimes you need a little something extra. For me, I pull out Saltines and slather strawberry jelly on them while sipping a Coke Zero.


That is my go-to "feel better" cure.

And with the exception of the Coke Zero (which used to be regular Coke, until Coke Zero came about a few years ago), this has been my go-to since university days. There was a short period, circa 2001-2002, where I would use Cheez-Its instead of Saltines (sans jelly, usually)... But I always went back to my original.

Saltines, jelly and a Coke are cheap. I've always been able to afford them. Even when I was making $18,000 a year in television news, working in Tucson.

What's your "feel better" cure?

Comments

Cara said…
Don't laugh, mine has always been hotdogs and Frito chips. I have no idea where it came from, maybe the $1.50 hotdogs from Costco? But whenever I am sick that’s the food I crave. However since I had my gallbladder removed in July, I can't eat hotdogs... they make me violently ill... which is good in theory, way better for me if I never have another hotdog in my life, but now I don't know what to eat when I am sick! lol
Unknown said…
Cheddar Broccoli soup. :) Sometimes its too heavy when I'm really sick but it is my soul food.
Me said…
Hotdogs and Fritos sound WONERFUL.

And though I am not a fan of broc, the soup actually does sound comforting.
yogeekirsten said…
Pizza with ranch. LOTS of both! But in high school my best friend used to make peanut butter sandwiches with cheese doritos in the middle :)

Popular Posts