A Day Trip To Florence?

"You can't spend almost four full days in Venice! There won't be enough to do."

A friend told me that last week. I trust them, as they once lived in the area. But I had already booked my flight from Bordeaux (where I would be wrapping a week of vineyard fun with Bail to celebrate her birthday) to Venice for a solo getaway. So I simply have to make the best of it, I determined.

Then an idea hit me... "Why not take a day trip to Florence?"

I had wanted to add Florence to my travel schedule in June. But I couldn't make it work, and ended up substituting Geneva instead. But after some quick research, I realized Florence is only about a two hour train ride from Venice, making a day trip totally do-able.



SUCCESS!

And as I noticed further, Bologna is in between the two cities. So if I really tire of Venice quickly, I could even do a day in Bologna as well!

Hmm... Time to start plotting out what to see...

UPDATE:
Went ahead and booked a night in Florence! A few people mentioned that they actually like Florence more than Venice, so I am taking the train down one morning to Florence, staying overnight, and then coming back the next evening. YAY!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Uffizi gallery and David gallery are must do's, be sure to preorder tixs to avoid major lines. My fav city in the world! Twice so far was not enough
Anonymous said…
I did 3 days in Rome, 2 days in Venice, and 3 days in Venice all via train. If I had to do a re-do and had the same amount of time, I would've detracted a day from Venice and applied it to Florence.

Popular Posts