Cape Town: Winelands Tour - Delheim Vineyards.

"Do you want to do another tasting? Or should we go have lunch?" asked my guide.

It was well into the afternoon. And she wasn't drinking, which was fine - as she doesn't drink anyway. But I was already 10 wines into my tasting, and quite tipsy. I needed actual food. So we compromised.

We went to the Delheim vineyard, up the road from Muratie, and had lunch.


Delheim is known for their Chenin Blanc grape... 


And it is delicious! I tried the grapes themselves. But in terms of drinking, I was craving Shiraz, and spices!

So I ordered a lovely glass...


And a chicken curry for lunch...


It was perfect, eating in the shade. Afterwards, the guide insisted we walk around the grounds.

I think she really wanted to show me this...


More spider webs!!! At a completely different vineyard! I guess it's a "thing" to show how old the places are, and give the some vintage legitimacy?

The gardens at Delheim were particularly gorgeous.


You can barely see it... But off in the distance, beyond the trees, you can see Table Mountain on the horizon. Just beautiful.

Back in the car... Off to another vineyard before the day ended...

Comments

Popular Posts