Capellini: My Magical Dinner Staple.

I have very little energy to cook lately.

When I am in Boston, in between trips, I just don't have the energy to cook. Mostly because it is so cold out that I don't have the energy to walk to the grocery store to get ingredients to cook.

Brr!

So lately I am in the habit of keeping a few ingredients on hand in order to create a decent dinner for myself:

Capellini (Angel Hair Pasta)

It's easy to cook, taking only two minutes once the water is boiling... And it's easy to combine with simple ingredients. I can have dinner in less than 10 minutes!

Like tonight's dinner... Cacio e Pepe Pasta! (Cheese and pepper.)


Simple ingredients of pecorino romano cheese.. Black pepper... Extra virgin olive oil... And a squeeze of lemon.


You just cook the pasta and dump all the ingredients on it. Toss it, of course... And YUM!

My other favorite meal from earlier this month involves angel hair pasta too...


It was a little more involved, cooking-wise. I sautéed chicken in a pan with some olive oil. Once that was cooked, I added a sliced red onion to the pan and cooked for a few minutes by itself. Then I added a squeeze of sundried tomato paste. Then I added the pasta and a little bit of the pasta water... I tossed everything with the chicken. And YUM!

Dinner in less than 15 minutes! (Can be even faster if you omit the chicken.)

These are two meals that couldn't be easier to make. Very difficult to screw up. Very easy to always have these ingredients on hand.

Comments

Popular Posts