London: Long Walks In Spring.

I've mentioned it before. I'm not super keen on London. It's a wonderfully intelligent and stylish city. But it feels to similar to Boston for me. So there's very little to capture my interest with it.

However, like Boston, I love London when Spring breaks through. It's gorgeous. All I want to do is walk around the city, doing my best to avoid the tourists (which, okay, I am one)... Just as I do in Boston.

Yesterday, I went on many long walks to soak in the gentle warmth that was breaking through.

Over to Trafalgar Square...


My favorite thing in the square was this giant blue rooster...


I've no idea what it was for, but it looks to be some kind of art installation. It was wonderfully out of context.

I had spent a good chunk of the morning walking through Green Park, St. James Park and Hyde Park...


Gorgeous emerald scenery!

Doesn't this tree look like it is ready to come to life and have a conversation with you?


English gardens... Simple and stunning...


As I was crossing over to Hyde Park, the guard came through the arch...


("Clomp, clomp, clomp," cackled the horse hooves.)

My long walks took me past many quiet alleyways with discreet signage and information in them...


Charming!

And an afternoon walk, on the way to high tea, took me through Carnaby Street...


A little too touristy for me. But there were some cute shops with fun trinkets nested into the buildings.


A deconstructed Union Jack!

And of course... Going back to the hotel was always a picturesque event... 


The Dukes Hotel is hidden inside a little area near Green Park. A perfect hideaway from all the action of London.

Comments

Popular Posts