Cape Town: Winelands Tour - Meerlust Estate.

The Sun was shifting in the clear sky above us, and the guide said we had time to squeeze in a fifth vineyard before heading back to Cape Town. 

"You're so efficient with each stop," she noted. "Most people take a long time at each tasting and stop."

So she took me to Meerlust Estate.


The estate dates back to the mid-1700s. And like with the other vineyards from the morning tour, you could tell with some of the building structures that this wasn't a new venture for property. This was established.


I was totally digging the art on the walls, which was for sale. I almost bought this painting. But I stopped short because I didn't want to pay to ship it all the way back to the States.

Plus, I had wine to try...
  • 2012 Chardonnay
  • 2012 Pinot Noir
  • 2010 Merlot
  • 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon
  • 2009 Rubicon (their prize)





My favorite was the Rubicon. I drank every last drop they poured me. The others, I tasted and dumped out the rest. (I can only handle so much wine, people! No judgements!)

It was a perfect note to end the wine tour on, this vineyard. But while my wine day was done... There was one more thing my guide was able to fit in for me, since I was so efficient with my time...

Comments

Popular Posts