Cape Town: Table Mountain For One, Please!

"I have time to drop you off at Table Mountain, if you like," said my guide.

She was impressed with my efficiency of getting through so many vineyards in one day. I had booked the car for a full eight hours, and there was still an hour and a half left in the day.

"I will wait for you while you go up," she said. "It should be about an hour for you to do it. But don't rush."

She was so kind!

I was able to quickly buy a ticket - as there was no line at the queue - and hop the cable car to the top.

It was a steep climb...


But so worth it once I got to the top...


The clouds were covering the top of the mountain, and at times would crawl over us. Here's one photo I captured of the clouds crawling over the side...


Gorgeous view!

 And another...


But it was relatively clear that day. And Atlantic ocean was stunning as the Sun was setting that evening...


It's magical to see Cape Town below me. The Sun glistening the coastline.

The clouds started to creep again. At one viewing spot, I was able to capture a shot that shows how cloudy it could be...


It was windy, on top of being cloudy. But there were brave souls that were willing to crawl out onto the rocks for the sake of an epic photo...


I attempted to crawl out onto this same rock to score a selfie... But I was in skinny jeans and flip flops. Not the best things to be wearing when dealing with that terrain and weather.

So I settled for this...


Ooh! The rare photo of me!  But how could I not take a selfie from the top? If you follow me on Facebook, I post selfies all the time. (Usually intended to be funny!) Like this one...


Yep! Very windy up here!

Comments

Popular Posts