European Excursion... Celebrating Independence In Rome.

I have done it. I have finally gotten around to booking the extended European leg of my Seven in Seven tour.



I spent a good part of yesterday and this morning researching exactly how to go from city to city, as well as where to stay. Here is the itinerary:

Amsterdam (May 28th & 29th)
Berlin (May 30th through June 1st)
Madrid (June 2nd to June 5th)
Barcelona (June 5th to June 8th)
Bordeaux (June 9th through 14th)
Geneva (June 14th & June 15th)
Prague (June 16th to June 18th)
Vienna (June 18th to June 21st)
Budapest (June 21st to June 24th)
Istanbul (June 24th to June 27th)
Santorini (June 27th to July 1st)
Rome (July 1st through July 5th)

Fully packed! It spans five and a half weeks. It involves nine flights and probably four trains. All on one carry-on.

Yes, you read that correctly. I'm rocking these five weeks with just a carry-on. Why would I do it any other way?

The place I am the most excited to see is Santorini. But out of all of these cities, the only ones I have been to as an adult are Amsterdam and Rome. And Rome is my favorite city in all of Europe. And I thought it would be fitting to end my journeys there - despite it being a very hot time of year - on Independence Day weekend.

Why would I want to be anywhere else to celebrate my independence than Rome?

Comments

Shelley said…
Can't wait to have you here in the Eternal City! This is where I discovered my independence as well. Baci!
Shelley said…
Can't wait to have you here in the Eternal City! This is where I discovered my independence as well. Baci!
lmc1971 said…
Santorini is magical! Try to find somewhere to stay on the Caldera, it's worth the extra money...talk about incredible sunsets! Also,find a cruise which takes you to the volcanos and swim it the "magical lava mud". It's touristy but it gives you really breathtaking and unbeatable view of Santorini from the sea. Also if you can, fly there from Athens...it's about 30 min, the approach is awesome and saves you so much time on the boat! Cheers, Lisa

Popular Posts