Providenciales: Beach Condo Cooking.

There's something about warm weather that prods me to crave healthier food.

After spending the morning a the beach and the afternoon like this...


I was craving this...


Sautéed chicken (because I had no access to a grill here) with an avocado relish.

Yes, the avocado relish is just a less "avocado-y" version of guacamole. But it has all of the same ingredients that I use:

  • 1 Roma tomato, seeded and chopped
  • 1 avocado (as large as you can find, preferably Hass), cubed
  • 1/4 red onion, chopped
  • 1 lime's juice
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
  • Salt & Pepper

I didn't sauté the chicken in anything. I simply cubed it, seasoned it with salt and pepper, and cooked it. I paired the meal with a New Zealand Pinot Noir I had found at the grocery store.

It's a pretty obvious and easy meal. But craving this and actually getting me to spend the 20 minutes cooking this? In Winter time, that's damn near impossible. All I want is instant warm food in the cold, cold Winters. Which is why I am looking forward to finally settling back West.

I want to spend as many days cooking meals like this after a day like this...


Comments

Popular Posts