A City Winter Or A Desert Winter.

There are many moments where I find myself daydreaming about moving back to NYC or Toronto.

A big city. Lots of culture. Respectable public transportation. 

And I think about it for a few days...

Where would I live in the city? What would I do with George? How would I get her there? Would I be willing to go into an office a few days a week for work? Could I give up my luxury of space that I have here in Tucson?

Could I give up the tolerable winters I enjoy now?

I think I could do all of that and have decent answers for the questions.

"I need to live somewhere that will pull me out of the house often."

Because I actively choose to stay in except for either taking or teaching yoga a few days a week. And the Trader Joe's runs... Which I try to time with my yoga classes.

It's just too awkward to leave the house... Especially when I have spaces like this to chill out...


My back patio. I usually wrap up my work day here for a few minutes. From late February though the end of November, it's usually warm enough to sit out here. It's one of my favorite spots.

Why would I leave the house?

Seriously though... I am worried that I don't really leave the house (except also to walk George twice a day). 

I'm supposed to be developing connections with human beings. And engaging in my world. 

I think the only reason I teach the yoga is to have myself forced to have an opportunity to connect with others in person. (I certainly don't do it for the pay.)

"Just move back to Boston," someone said to me the week before last. 

No. Boston has changed too much. It does not fit me anymore. I liked Boston when I aspired to have confidence. I needed human beings to mimic and learn from to feel capable.

That's not me anymore.

Plus, the winters are the worst. No thank you. 

I prefer a proper city winter. Or a desert winter. 

Oh, and by the way... It's Spring now.

Welcome to Aries season, bitches.

Comments

Popular Posts