Little Moments Of Delusion: Fruit Carpaccio

Spring is here. It's not just the gorgeous weather we are having at the upper elevation of Arizona desert. For me the sign of Spring has been the fruit at the store. 

I find myself seeing the bright colors and craving the thinly sliced texture of them...



Fruit Carpaccio.

Something I began having as I traveled around the world 10 years ago. I would order a carafe of coffee and a plate of fruit - which almost always arrived thinly sliced - for breakfast in my hotel. 

I'm huge on texture. Ot can be "make or break" for me when it comes to certain foods. Two of which are bananas and cantaloupe. 

Serve them to me in big chunks - no thank you. 

Serve them to me thinly sliced? Delightful!

And I will eat every last slice, leaving nothing behind. Which is a different story than when I eat a piece of fruit more whole.

Eating it this way feels more sophisticated. Delicate. Organized. 

My brain tells me it is healthier. Even though I know that not to be true.

I enjoy my little moments of delusion.

Comments

Popular Posts