I Can Make You Purge.

I find myself full of energy and ecstatic to teach lately.

This is because I am at a studio that tends to get at least five or more students in a class. Sunday, St. Patrick's Day, was my smallest class that I have taught in the past month and a half. It was five students.

I would pray for five students at the other studio I taught at on Saturday mornings at 7am.

Last night, a Wednesday night class at 6:30pm for 90 minutes, I had 12 students.

And it was a crazy humid class.

I was soaked just standing and teaching - not even doing the poses - by third of the way in the class.

I kept fans running. Turn the humidifier off five minutes into the class. And it was still so humid.

Students were laying down. I couldn't blame them.

But you know what?

Not one complained after class. They all thanked me. Two said they were grateful it was a really humid and hot class.

That's what they pay for.

And even though I didn't take class and do the poses... I still had an insane calorie burn...



And my heart rate stayed in the "Vigorous" zone most of the class.

Hot yoga - specifically the 26 & 2 sequence - will always be a great way to purge.

Seeing the student committed to coming to class is renewing my mental energy to practice more myself.

I've struggled with my practice for a number of years now. Mentally, that is. I can't put my finger on what is different lately - except to admit that I am different.

Possibly a 180 from the me a decade ago. 

I haven't truly analyzed it. 

Maybe I won't.

Comments

Popular Posts