"It's Gorgeous Out. Why Are You All Here?"

 I didn't actually say that. But I was wondering it, as I began teaching the 10am 90-minute class this morning. 

"Good morning! If I didn't meet you outside, my name is... And thank you for coming in on a very gorgeous morning."

Seriously though... This is one of the amazing times in Arizona. Not too cold and not hot. This Is when you want to be outside, in the Sun. 

But instead, 13 (always a lucky number for me) people wanted to come into the studio and sweat it out in 107-degrees.

I wouldn't have been in class if I wasn't teaching. 

I would have slow-rolled my morning... Taken George for a long walk while picking up an Cardamom Latte at the local vegan Mexican place... And sat outside all morning. 

I have priorities. And being lazy and taking my damn time is one of them now. 

The "Lazy Dog Days" aren't just for Summer around these parts. We live for them in Spring. And Spring is most definitely here.


George is solar-powered and spends her recent days sitting and laying on the travertine by the pool.

I leave the windows and the doors open to the house as much as possible, letting the season air the place out... Sweeping in new energy. 

What feels like a much calmer one than there has been in a very long time. 

Since... Well, I can't recall.

I just know I feel more curious and calm than I have been.

Maybe I've just finally developed a solid appreciation of the weather. 

Or perhaps something is shifting.

I'll take it, whatever it is. 

Comments

Popular Posts