Thing I Said "No" To This Week: My Morning Routine.

I had to. For just one day. My weekday morning routine was disrupted. 

And I didn't mind it. Surprisingly.

I was happy to be out of the house and engaging in the world for a few hours.

A work meeting drove me out of the house by 7:45am. And I had only just gotten up 6:30am. I managed to get up, get myself ready, walk the dog briefly, and get downtown to my meeting.

I haven't cut it that short on a work morning in over seven years.

But I did make time to stop by a favorite coffee spot near my meeting...


Inspiration was found while waiting for my cappuccino to be made. 

The floors.

I love old floors. They bring me tremendous comfort. The stronger and more elaborate the patina, the more I love. These floors reminded me to appreciate my own 83 year old hardwood floors at home.

Denying my usual instinct to get up early and drink my coffee at home while lounging for hours before my meeting would have prevented me from wanting to pick up a coffee from the shop...

And reminding me to be appreciative of what I have.


Comments

Popular Posts