The Immense Joy Of Idling Sundays.

 My sleep has been getting on the weekends.

Not having to be up to teach a 7am yoga class is amazing - I don't pretend otherwise. 

I stayed up last night till midnight watching Netflix... And didn't wake up till after 7am. It was close to 8am when I pulled myself out of the sheets and went to the kitchen to get my dog her "breakfast cookie." 

(She gets a dog treat shaped like a little chicken pot pie, but is the size of a small cookie.)

In robotic fashion, I lifted the water pitcher I keep on the counter and poured it into the reservoir for my drip machine. 

A drip coffee is my usual on busy mornings because the machine is fast, and I can drink coffee quickly. It allows me to get caffeinated and then on to whatever it is I have planned.

But today I had no plans. Absolutely no agenda. No chores needing to be done. Work to be caught up on. A desire for a yoga class.

An idling Sunday.

It was cloudy outside, and I preferred the idea of lounging in my pajamas a little longer. 

I made a latte instead of the coffee.



Now I had time to leisurely imbibe the concoction. 

I even made the dog and myself scrambled eggs... To fuel ourselves for... No idea.

Comments

Popular Posts