"Anonymous" Commenting.

My rule of thumb... If you don't have the "ballz" to at least use an alias when you post, don't bother submitting the comment. I publish both positive and negative feedback; but ONLY if you identify yourself to some degree. Posting "anonymously" merely means you are weak, and are afraid I will hunt you down.

I equate "anonymous" posting to talking trash behind someone's back. (This is only acceptable if you're willing to say it to their face too; which I, 99% of the time, am willing to do.)

Additionally, I typically don't even read the "anonymous" comments emailed to me to post. I typically delete them. Today I happened to read some as I was cleaning out my mailbox. One was really, really sweet. (And I think I know who sent it.) The other one was quite bitchy. (And I have no idea who sent it.)

Bottom line, I'm a big believer in saying what you feel... Whether it is positive or negative... Constructive feedback is important.

But if you don't have the cajones to tell me who you are, you can suck it.

XOXO,
The Missus

Comments

dave greten said…
Yeah, it sucks to receive anonymous shitty comments but don't delete the anonymous emails. When you combine the emails with the traffic tracker on your site, you can tell quite a bit about people who are posting. A lot of anonymous posters don't realize this.
Sarah said…
traffic tracker? how do i get me one of those?!?!
Me said…
lol... I'll email it to you Sarah. I have it somewhere.

Popular Posts