The Joy of Skipping.

So, every few months, the husband and I jump back into our "gyming" ritual.... Meaning I actually accompany him to the gym on a weekend morning or weekday evening and we workout a little together. He shows me how to use the equipment properly and we help motivate each other through some ab exercises.

This weekend though, we decided to try something new at the gym... We went into an empty exercise classroom and had a skip-off. And surprisingly, my husband is way better at it!

I always figured that I would be way better at skipping than my husband. He's athletic, but he's not as light on his feet as me or as coordinated. (At least I think so... He disagrees.) But he was able to out-skip me in a heart beat!

Who knew a 6'5", 210 pound man could out-skip a 5'4" woman?

We did our "skipping" thing back and forth for about 10 minutes, trying to go a minute each at a time. It was a GREAT workout. No need for extended cardio after that! Skipping is so good for you. It works the abs, the legs, the ankles, the heart... Who knows what else!

Gyms should really offer skipping classes. I think those would be big. I know they offer skipping in boxing classes... But I think a whole half-hour of skipping in different ways would be a fun workout.

Don't you think?

Comments

Popular Posts