Do Douzo.

Back when we first began dating in New York City over five years ago, my husband and I started a weekly ritual of sorts.

Every Saturday night was (naturally) "date night." And most "date nights" we spent in the city on the east side near the U.N. eating dinner and seeing movies. The place we frequented the most was a sushi place called "Go Sushi" on Second Avenue. We liked it because we never had to wait for a table, the sushi was good and it was cheap.

Since moving to Boston two years ago, my husband and I have never been out to a sushi dinner on "date night." We just hadn't found a place that struck our fancy. Until tonight.

A few months ago, I noticed on my walk to work that a new restaurant had opened on Dartmouth near the train station... "Douzo," a sushi restaurant. So finally, my husband and I had our neighborhood sushi restaurant! And we decided tonight was the night to give a test run for dinner.

We weren't disappointed!

When we first walked up to the place, my husband noticed the valet was dressed in a fancy black suit. He worried momentarily because we were both wearing our fancy "Boston" outfits... Jeans and sweaters.

"I think I may be under-dressed," he said. "We may not be able to get in."

"What the hell?" I said. "Dude, this is Boston. This how we roll here. It's not New York."

Sure enough, I was right.

We walked into the restaurant, and though it was decorated very upscale for a sushi place... We fit right in. We proceeded to sit down and have a great dinner.

The sushi was very tasty, the wine was excellent and the atmosphere wasn't pretentious. It was comfortable and not too pricey. We will most likely go back a few times a month, as we liked it that much.

Looks like we are going back to familiar "grounds" for "date night."

The ritual lives on!

Comments

Popular Posts