"Mad" About Madden? No.

I always thought Steve Madden shoes were cute and a good deal. They are stylish and the prices are quite reasonable.

I disagree completely now. Steve Madden shoes are big pieces of over-priced crap.

About a week ago I went to the Steve Madden store on Newbury Street. I noticed an adorable pair of cherry red open-toed cork wedges.

They were priced at $79. And I thought they were so cute. I asked the shop girl if I could try them on. ("Size seven and a half please, miss!") I loved how they looked and felt. The price was right. Of course I snatched them up and went along my merry way.

The first day I wore them, I noticed the tips of the shoes, by the open toe, were becoming scuffed. The leather (just a tiny piece) was flipping up on each shoe. "No biggie," I thought. I attributed it to my clumsiness in walking. And I could easily repair it to be un-noticed.

The second day I wore them, I noticed that the sole on the back of both shoes was becoming detached from the cork. ("What?!?!") I was a little peeved, as this type of thing shouldn't happen until at least a month or two of wearing them. I grabbed my super glue and stuck the rubber sole back to the cork to prevent further detachment. (And, in the process, I got super glue on my finger tips, in my hair and on my right pinkie nail. It took AGES to scrap it off. In fact, I still have it on my nail.)

Well, they say the third time is the charm. I figured if I wore them today, this would be the day where I would have no problems.

Man, am I a sucker.

Just now, I went to talk to KT at her desk. As I was walking back the two to three feet to my desk... The sole on the left shoe, near the toes, decided to flip up as I lightly stubbed my toe on the carpet.

Seriously, WTF?

Now I have to pull out the super glue again at home and glue these things back together. I'm not a shoe cobbler, but I am fine with having to make small repairs to my shoes on my own. But I'm not down with having to do it each time I wear them. And the sh#ttiest thing about these shoes is you can't return them at all for any reason.

So be warned, if you buy Steve Madden shoes, you are likely buying big pieces of crap.

Comments

Popular Posts