Logos Are a "No-Go."

This is how I spent part of my afternoon...


Yes. Reading a fashion glossy. But not just any glossy... The Harper's Bazaar Runway Report! It only comes out once a year, during the Fall season. And it was a joy to read last year, so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed shelling out the $8 for it this year.

Though, I don't know that I agree with this blurb...


I am not a logo person. I think I have mentioned before, in order to pull off a look where you are wearing pieces with logos, you have to be very sophisticated. Otherwise, you end up looking trashy.

For example, you would never see me carrying a Louis Vuitton bag. Ever. But not because I don't think they are fab (THEY ARE CLASSICALLY FAB!)... It's because I could never pull off the look. I am not "polished" enough to carry it. The most "classically sophisticated" I get includes Burberry black trenches (with no distinct Burberry printed plaid showing) and white button-down blouses.

The only real "distinctly branded" things you will ever see me wearing include:
  • Tory Burch flats, provided they are all one color and the logo blends.
  • Paige Denim, even though some of her pocket designs are easily recognized.
  • Converse Chuck Taylors. (These are just too fab and classic.)
  • Hunter Wellies, as I live in North and they are needed badly.
  • Chloe Paddington bag, because the lock is recognizable.
  • Alexander McQueen skull scarves, because they just kick so much ass.
See? All recognizable pieces because of their elements. But not really logo-ed.

Thoughts on heavily logo-ed pieces?

Comments

Bratty Duke said…
Well, since you asked...

http://solidfreshdope.com/2009/07/22/branded/
I too do not "love" labels. I love high quality well made pieces but I do not need the world to know where it is from. Minimal hardware is where I draw the line. Great post, I couldn't agree more!
Jill said…
AHH! i could not agree more! i find it so obnoxious, especially since people do it in order to get attention for the brand they are wearing.

Popular Posts