Phoebe Philo: My Designer Crush.

There are some designers who are so amazing, so incredible, so visionary that you vow to follow them wherever they go. Karl Lagerfeld... Tom Ford...

I count Phoebe Philo in this same group. Probably even more so for me, as I will actually shell out $$$$ to procure her work.

Phoebe Philo is an English fashion designer. Until a few years ago, when she decided to take a break to raise her family, she was the creative director for Chloe. She helped make that brand cool again... And I scooped up two of her bag creations: The Paddington and the Edith Satchel.

I love these bags and use them still today.

Since she left the fashion house a few years ago, I lost my "crush" for it. It is, quite simply, not the same as it was when Phil was at the helm. It is a house that has been revamped. And now I find it mostly dull.

I longed for some more Philo. And now, it seems my hunger has been satiated. Last year it was announced that she would be joining Celine, a ready-to-wear line that originally focused on children's shoes... But now focuses on women's clothing and accessories. It's a brand I didn't pay much attention to until recently, when Philo debuted her collection.

Here are my two favorite pieces from it...



I am not much of a fan of epaulettes... But this dress is amazing! I love it just the way it is!

And here is a picture of Philo herself...


I love her personal style.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Rather interesting site you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Popular Posts