Jeans. Jeans. And more jeans.

A friend of mine asked me earlier this week about where he should take his wife to buy jeans. The problem is she can't ever seem to find a pair that fits her well.

Welcome to my world!

I have the hardest time finding a decent pair of jeans. I have hips. A small waist (in comparison to the hips.) And, I am the average height of most women in America (5'4"). So any jeans I buy have to be tailored. And depending on the fit, some are always too large in the waist. (Unless I buy low-rise, than they fit, but I risk showing my ass to the world whenever I sit.) So I have spent many Saturday afternoons pounding the pavement in Beantown sipping an Americano and trekking from shop to shop in search of jeans I can wear. So below is a list of places I recommend hitting when shopping for various types of jeans.

Neiman Marcus , Copley - Page Denim, Rock and Republic, Seven Jeans and Citizens for humanity are the best brands available here.

Jean Therapy, Kenmore Square - Paige Denim available here. Service is outstanding.

Anthropologie, Boylston Street - You might not think of this place as having jeans... But they do have some great brands; including Paper Denim & Cloth and Joe's Jeans.

In Jean Ius, North End - What a GREAT way to spend a Saturday afternoon. First, hit one of many cafes in the neighborhood for a capuccinno then head over to this hidden gem for such fantastic jean shopping. Brands available include Citizens, Rock and Republic and Joe's.

Jasmine Sola, Prudential Center - If you need to just get in and get out with a pair of jeans, this place is great for a one-stop-shopping experience. They stock a ton of varieties and styles; including Paige, Rock and Republic, Citizens, Seven, James Jeans and Miss Sixty. (They also carry Juicy Couture, which is a strike against them but I can overlook it because of their large variety of good stuff.)

Comments

Sarah said…
I have found Michael Kors jeans to be great for those of us with curves!

Popular Posts