Omelet Guy, Part Two

After my long day yesterday hanging around in airports and eating nothing but carbs, I needed to start today with some protein. So of course I went straight to the Omelet Guy in the work cafeteria.

I ordered my omelet (egg whites with mushrooms and bacon) and sat back to enjoy the conversation.

I never realized what sophisticated and expensive taste Omelet Guy has... Today's topic was about Hennessy Cognac.

Omelet Guy: "I'm gonna buy me one of them bottles of that cognac."

New French Toast Guy (I think this one's a sub, not a permanent replacement for original French Toast Guy): "One of them Hennessy bottles? You know that bottle is made of crystal. You could probably sell it for like $50 afterwards."

Omelet Guy: "$50? Try $1500. The bottle is priceless."

New French Toast Guy: "Man, you ain't gonna get that much for it. You'll be lucky if you get $10 for it."

Omelet Guy: "You wait and see, alright? Here you go Miss." (He hands me my omelet. Yummy!)

I was intrigued that a bottle of cognac could be so expensive. So I did what I do best, and Googled "Hennessy Cognac Crystal Bottle" when I got back to my desk. And sho 'nuff, I found the expensive crystal bottle.

It's the Richard Hennessy Cognac Gift Set.


The bottle is made by Baccarat, a very well know manufacturer of crystal (think Park Avenue homes with elegant modern-designed stemware in the dining room and chunky modern barware in the library).

Holy craptastic. I guess I know what to get Omelet Guy for the holiday season later this year. I won't buy him the Richard Hennessy Gift Set. But I could get him a small bottle of Hennessy.




Comments

Popular Posts