Spring Trending.

When I talk about "trending" with most people in my day-to-day activities, it's usually in reference to search marketing projections for traffic and visibility. (Sounds frightfully dull, yeah? It's not though.)

But, secretly, whenever I even mention some variation on the word "trend" I really thinking about fashion, fashion, fashion!

So, as I do every month, I read a zillion fashion magazines and am constantly searching online for information on fashion and beauty. Over the past few weeks, every March issue of a womens magazine undoubtedly has a section devoted to the top trends for spring 2006. So far, most of these list have come to the same consensus on what is in for this upcoming cherry-blossom and forsythia season.
This spring's top trends include:


Wide Belts

"Argh!!!" I love this pirate belt from Anthroplogie. So cute!

Gladiator Sandals

I don't know if I will be buying into this trend this spring. Sure they're cute... But I am very self-conscious about my ankles. And I fear wearing shoes that cut off my legs at the ankles with straps. Makes my legs look even shorter.

Wood Platforms

Love, love, love this one! Although, I already own a pair of vintage wood platforms that my mum wore when I was a little girl. So probably won't be buying. But definitely wearing.

Wedge Heels

Very cute. Can picture myself wearing these with capris or shorts as I vacation on the beach this spring.

White Button-Down Shirt

I actually own this very blouse from Anthropologie . And I love it. The fit is sexy. But not too tight. And the puffed sleeves make my arms look leaner than they are. (So important!) this very shirt I recommend you buy a few of... Because once you wear out the first one, you will want another.

Eyelet or Lace Anything

So sweet and springy! Anything in this cotton summery fabric is sure to be a winner.

Slouchy Big Bag

It's so nice to be able to carry a bag that can hold all the crap I like to carry around on a regular basis, which can include fashion magazines, large bottle of Penta water , flintstone vitamins, filofax, cell phone, laptop, iPod nano, Weight Watchers Smart Ones , etc...

Red Tankie Top

Again, another from Anthropologie . But it is very sexy and vibrant. I like that this spring isn't all about pink and yellow and neutrals. Red is a color of passion... Which I think speaks totally of spring time.

Black and Ivory Dress

Anthropologie is really a great place to shop. This dress is perfect for a date, a wedding or even a work spring outing. The bows on the shoulder are removable. I would remove them, because I think leaving them on would draw too much attention to my arms.

Wide-Leg Trousers

I actually own these very pants too. They were so comfortable when I tried them on. The hem at the bottom measures about 6 inches... Which makes it perfect for hemming off the three inches I needed to. that left me with a 3-inch hem, which looks quite nice. (Not to big.) These pants are really good for women (like myself) who have hips. The wide legs balance out the curvy hips. And the dark wash is also quite flattering for girls who want to minimize the hips and thighs area.

Shorts

I may buy into this trend closer to summer. Depends on how thin I can get my thighs, because these things are fairly short! But very cute. Especially if you pair them with the wood platform sandals or the wedge heels!

Comments

Popular Posts